Tea Tips for Working from Home
With many of us working from home during the COVID-19 crisis, there is an opportunity to shift how we do things. Consider adjusting your working hours. Eat a healthy lunch. And drink tea all day long!
Tea is soothing and hydrating. The theanine found in tea promotes mental focus and caffeine provides a level energy boost. Teas and tisanes are also full of antioxidants that boost the immune system. Our passion is to guide you through the world of quality tea and curate special teas to help you enjoy your daily tea ritual.
Working from home can blur the lines between the personal and professional. Set intentions for your day and create a ritual that starts your workday. This will help create a more focused mindset for each day.
Tips for Working From Home
Some of us are pros at working from home. Here are our best tips:
- If you can, carve out a dedicated work area, separate from your bedroom or living room.
- Get up at the same time each day.
- Pretend like you are going into the office, and dress in “real” clothes, not pajamas!
- Create a tea ritual to start your day.
- Schedule your work day, planning tasks and activities for each hour.
- Think about when you do your best work, and schedule your most important projects for that time.
- Leave your workspace at lunch – take a walk, stretch your arms and get some fresh air.
- Work in focused chunks of time, taking small breaks between each block of time. Use a load of laundry as your work timer!
- Stay connected with workmates, friends and family to avoid feeling isolated.
- “Close the door” at the end of the work day, and don’t let work blur into your off-hours.
- Set up a special dedicated tea corner where you can unwind.
Fight the urge to multi-task. And if you have kids, prepare for disruptions. (Have a pile of games on hand, and the night before select educational shows for them to watch.)
Importantly, take a few small tea breaks. Maybe a hot and caffeinated cup in the morning and iced tea with your lunch. Yerba mate in the early afternoon? Or whisk up a frothy matcha green tea. Your kids will love our vibrant, fruity Hibiscus Fruit Tea.
Teas for Working From Home
Here are a few of our tried and true favorites:
Spicy Masala Chai
Fruity and spicy Apple Ginger Green Tea
Sweet and complex Exotic Pomegranate White Tea
Creamy Vanilla Matcha Green Tea
Make sure to communicate your expectations with anyone who will be home with you. Create a little structure and you’ll be amazed at what you may accomplish. Stay connected and take care!