Tea Jello Recipe
With summer comes brightly colored jiggly Jello cups. This summer try
making your own natural Jello flavored with your favorite tea!
Many Herbal Teas work great, and you can also make a Sweet Tea Jello that is every bit as delicious as it sounds.
Read on to learn how to make Tea Jello at home this Summer. It sounds kind of involved, but it’s really easy, especially if you start it a day in advance and let it chill in the fridge longer in between the steps. Mostly, it’s something you can have going in the background while you do other things in the kitchen.
Ready to get your Jel-on this Summer?
Tea Jello Recipe
2 cups water
3 tablespoons ‘jello tea‘ (depending on how strong you want the flavor to be)
2 tablespoons natural gelatin
2 tablespoons honey
¼ cup lemon juice
- Bring water to a boil.
- Remove from heat, stir in tea and cover. Steep for ten minutes, then strain well.
- Let the tea cool a bit, the pop it into the fridge for about half an hour (or longer) to cool more. Put your tea into a saucepan and sprinkle your gelatin over it.
- Whisk it together, then let it sit for three minutes.
- Heat it up until the gelatin is dissolved (about five minutes), then turn the heat down to low.
- Stir in the honey and lemon juice, and remove from heat as soon as the honey is dissolved.
- Immediately pour the mixture into the baking dish, Jello mold or other dish you want it to set in.
- Chill for 3-4 hours (or longer), then cut it into cubes or other shapes before serving.
Get your Jel-on with these teas:
A bright, spicy herbal infusion packed with citrus and ginger notes. Earthy lemongrass adds a smooth sweetness.
It’s like an orange creamsicle in a cup! Black tea, orange, vanilla and lemon create a dessert-like tea.
Real chunks of honeydew, apple and orange yield a sublimely sweet infusion with a tart finish.